RENA FOUNDATION UGANDA
RENA Foundation Uganda was started by Rev. Fr. Dr. Fred Tusingire in 2000 with a team of concerned Ugandans, with a vision of having a literate and healthy self-sustainable community within the Rwenzori region. Rena foundation Uganda has its head office at Rugando Village, Mahyoro Parish, Mahyoro Sub County, Kitagwenda county Kamwenge district on the shores of Lake George.
The core objectives of the organization are to; –
- Initiate projects of eradicating poverty in Rwenzori Region and its neighborhood
- Promote community development by initiating, operating or assisting in projects such as health, education institutions, small-scale industries, crop and animal husbandry development, microfinance, tourism and water projects.
- Sensitize the community on the need for better standards of living and responsibility and advocate for maintenance and sustenance of the high standard of responsibility, consciousness, fairness and integrity.
RENA Foundation Uganda is a registered NGO which is governed by a competent team of Board of Directors, namely;
|1||Rev Fr. Dr. Frederick Tusingire||Patron|
|2||Mr. Vincent Agaba||Chairperson Board|
|3||Rev. Fr. Adolf L Mumanzi||Vice Chairperson|
|4||Ms. Ester Barungi||Board Secretary|
|5||Mrs. Constance Bangirana||Board Member|
|6||Mrs. Florence Ithungu Basaliza||Board Member|
|7||Hon. Florence Hashaka||Chairperson Strategic Commission|
|8||Mr. Venansio Tumuhairwe||Chairperson Finance/Procurement Commission|
|9||Mr. Simon Magezi||Chairperson Production Commission|
|10||Mr. Fabio Bomeera||Board Member|
|11||Mr. Sserioza B. Richard||Chairperson Health Commission|
In line with article 7(d) the Board of Directors appoints a team of competent people to constitute the Executive of RENA Foundation Uganda to undertake the day to day management of the Association. Currently the Executive comprise of the following officers:
- Rwabukuuku R Joseph, Executive Director; Joseph, holds a Masters degree in Management Science of Uganda Management institute, a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences of Makerere University, a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management from Uganda Management Institute, a Diploma in Project Planning and Management from Uganda Management Institute, a Certificate in Administrative Law, from Law Development Centre and a certificates in Human Resource Management from International Centre for African Development, Swaziland. Joseph worked as Branch Manager of British American, later locally incorporated as Golden Gate Insurance co. Ltd., Assistant Chief Administrative Officer, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Administrative Officer Kabarole District Local Government, Programme Manager, and Agricultural Development Programme of Fort Portal Diocese and as a Private Management Consultant, before joining RENA Foundation Uganda.
- Doreen Kiiza, Finance Manager; She holds a Diploma in Business Administration (Accounting)and currently a student of bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at Mountains Of the Moon University. Doreen has worked as accounting secretary at Kinyamasika primary school, Mobile Money handler with DAJ communications and Accounts Assistant with Rusekere Tea Factory before joining RENA Foundation Uganda.
The Executive Team is responsible to the Board Directors and specifically handles the following functions of the Rena foundation Uganda;
- Operational planning and management
- Programme planning and management
- Human Resource planning and management
- Financial planning and management
- Community relations and advocacy
- Risks management
- Monitoring and evaluation
For enhanced communication and strategic management, a coordination office has been opened in Kamwenge town, Nsorora L.C. 1 on ABETON house, opposite Cape Hotel. The Executive team sits at the Kamwenge offices, these offices are crucial in coordinating RENA projects that are currently in Mahyoro and future ones to be started out side Mahyoro. In Kamwenge internet access is easier for improved communication and movement to Fort Portal, which is a central town for the Rwenzori region, is easier. This is in view of RENA’s current program of creating sustainable systems for development to address institutional and policy constraints for long term sustainability.
Geographical reach and professional character
The organization’s focus is on the Rwenzori Region (greater Tooro) while its head offices are in Kamwenge District. This region is composed of Districts of Kabarole, Bunyangabu, Kyenjojo, Kamwenge, Kyegegwa, Kasese Ntoroko and Bundibugyo. The initial working area was Mahyoro Sub-County, along the shores of Lake George where many fishing communities can be found, a deliberate choice due to the increased levels of poverty that were found in these areas. Currently the strategy is to roll out and systematically cover the entire region.
More generally, Rwenzori Region is densely populated, (2,589,652 people and a mean household size of 4.7 according to the 2014 National census) with large numbers of people of lower strata of society who are marginalized economically and socially and were once affected by ADF Rebellion between the years1996-2001
RENA’s professional character is based on values which include transparency and accountability, integrity, excellence, commitment, leadership, justice and equity, efficiency and effectiveness. Our guiding principles are; – humanity, impartiality, neutrality, unity, universality, independence and voluntary service